Friday, February 13, 2015

Library Tourism: George Mackie Library

I like to visit different public libraries. It's fun!

However, I also go waaayyy out of my way to visit public libraries because the systems here won't do interlibrary loan for graphic novels. So if I want to read something that's out of print I'm going to be getting on a series of buses.

And so I headed to Delta (where?) to visit the George Mackie library branch of the Fraser Valley Regional Library.

I caught a bus (the wrong bus), waited forever for another bus (because of an ice hockey game delaying buses), caught the skytrain, discovered that the every half hourly bus I needed had left two minutes before I go there, got on a different bus that was heading in the vaguely same direction, and then walked a bunch. Only took an hour and a half to get there.

Then I borrowed 23 graphic novels. Good thing I brought a backpack.




No comments:

Post a Comment